2018's 10 Best
Probiotics have increasingly grown in necessity alongside the growth of antibiotic use. And while people know to use them to help rebuild a steady supply of good bacteria in their system, few know all the amazing benefits they can provide.
Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of the most popular and necessary probiotics available on the market. This probiotic is typically found in fermented foods like yogurt, kombucha, and sauerkraut. It is a healthy bacteria that can prevent disease and help rejuvenate your system after antibiotics.
You can typically find it in the aforementioned foods. But it is getting harder to ensure that you get enough in your system on a daily basis. The European Union actually banned companies from claiming to have probiotics in their products. This was due to a health craze that arose a few years back. Many were claiming that probiotics were a cure-all to many diseases. This was misleading customers.
Eating right and exercising is a big part of preventing and helping your body fight disease. But it can’t replace modern medicine. Similarly, having the right probiotics can help regulate several parts of your body. But it won’t cure any disease.
That being said, a supplement is an easy way to ensure that you’re getting enough Lactobacillus acidophilus. You don’t have to guess at how much you are actually putting into your system. This is a great way to help prevent future illnesses and ensure the quality of your health for years to come.
There are many reasons why people should take a continuous supply of probiotics. But few people know them. There are many people that would benefit from a probiotic if they only knew what it was and how it worked. Which is why we created this guide. This is how you know if you need a probiotic. See The #1 Lactobacillus Acidophilus Now
If You Have High Cholesterol
As with most natural supplements, it is important to remember that this is not a cure-all. But there are signs of the positive impact Lactobacillus acidophilus can have on reducing LDL (bad cholesterol) levels.
A 2013 study showed a significant reduction in total cholesterol and LDL levels among many patients. The researchers concluded that probiotic supplementation may be beneficial for lowering cholesterol levels. And since high cholesterol is one of the risk factors for heart disease, probiotics may help in that area as well. (1)
If You Have Bad Gut Health
Lactobacillus acidophilus has shown signs of being able to help improve those gut-related issues. These include diarrhea and IBS. It has been studied on a variety of ailments for a variety of ages with nearly always the same conclusion. It will help your gut return to or maintain full health. See The #1 Lactobacillus Acidophilus Now
Any probiotic is likely to help with this because they are the cornerstone of improving gut health. Combined with other probiotics, Lactobacillus acidophilus can transform into a variety of compounds. These compounds kill bad bacteria and protect the inner linings to prevent inflammation.
A 2013 study looked at the effect of Lactobacillus acidophilus on bacteria. After preparing and stabilizing the bacteria, the researchers observed it for two weeks. They then introduced Lactobacillus acidophilus over a four-week treatment period. They concluded:
“This study showed the beneficial influence of L. acidophilus CRL 1014 on microbial metabolism and lactobacilli community composition for improving human health.” (2)
This is one of several studies which show the improvement that probiotics can have on your gut health (3, 4, 5, 6). See The #1 Lactobacillus Acidophilus Now
If You are Female
Unfortunately, the vagina is still not clearly understood by the scientific community. But one recurring theme is the use of probiotics for vaginal health.
Researchers have gained some understanding of the effect of probiotics on vaginal health. Not only do they help reduce risk of infection, they can help the vagina rebuild the proper bacteria and nutrients needed to stay healthy. Probiotics can greatly improve the quality of life in women. This is because they can handle the potential risks of bad bacteria entering their systems. See The #1 Lactobacillus Acidophilus Now
In a 2017 study, researchers studied 60 premenopausal women. One group received oral doses of Lactobacillus acidophilus each day. The researchers then took vaginal swabs each week for four weeks.
The women who received the doses showed significantly higher levels of probiotics compared to the control group. They concluded that Lactobacillus acidophilus may be helpful for vaginal health. It may help both with the prevention and treatment of vaginal infections. (7)
For Cold, Flu, and Allergy Symptoms:
If you are reading this while blowing a stuffy nose, this probiotic might be just what you need. Researchers have discovered that probiotics can reduce the need for cold and allergy medicines. And they also help your immune system fill itself out enough to fight off the bad bacteria that make you ill. See The #1 Lactobacillus Acidophilus Now
A 2009 study examined the effect of Lactobacillus acidophilus on children with birch pollen allergies. The researchers discovered that the group taking the probiotics had significantly reduced symptoms. These include a runny nose and nasal blocking. (10)
In another study, researchers gave young children Lactobacillus acidophilus. They administered the doses twice daily for six months. They found that probiotics including Lactobacillus acidophilus dramatically reduced cold and flu symptoms.
These symptoms include fever, coughing, and a runny nose. Not only were the symptoms less likely to occur, their duration was also shorter when they did occur. The amount of antibiotics taken was also reduced, as was the number of missed school days. (11) Further studies show that similar impacts were seen in adults and the elderly. (12, 13, 14)
If You Are Recently Finishing a Round of Antibiotics
You may be recovering from an infection where antibiotics were necessary. In this case, you may want to invest in Lactobacillus acidophilus as a supplement.
Antibiotics are indiscriminate about the the bacteria they kill. They kill all bacteria that might be causing harm. This is great for getting rid of infections. But it comes with its own side effects if you don’t have a probiotic to help your intestines or vagina rebuild their health after the bad bacteria are gone.
Without the probiotic, your system is re-exposed to potentially bad bacteria and nasty side effects. These include gastrointestinal pain, IBS, diarrhea, and vaginal yeast infections.
So What’s the Catch?
Probiotics are typically safe and effective for most people. But there are some cases of users having mild gas or bloating. An overactive immune system which results in inflammation is also possible. The metabolism may also be affected (specifically the way your body metabolizes carbs).
It’s safer and easier to take a probiotic based on a recommendation from a doctor if it’s used to help reduce symptoms of any of the ailments listed above. And as always, if you notice any negative reaction to the supplement, please stop taking it immediately and contact your physician. See The #1 Lactobacillus Acidophilus NowBest Lactobacillus Acidophilus Supplements
Our top 10 list of Lactobacillus acidophilus supplements is organized to reflect what you most value in your supplements. First and foremost is quality. All of our top ten supplements meet high standards of quality and come from brands with a proven record in excellence and purity. Another important factor in deciding the top ten was cost. You don’t have to pay through the nose to get a high-quality Lactobacillus acidophilus supplement. In addition, all the companies represented on our list have stellar records with customer service and prompt shipping. This ensures that your supplement experience is enjoyable from the first click to your final dose.
- Shimizu M, Hashiguchi M, Shiga T, Tamura HO, Mochizuki M. Meta-Analysis: Effects of Probiotic Supplementation on Lipid Profiles in Normal to Mildly Hypercholesterolemic Individuals.PLoS One. 2015 Oct 16;10(10):e0139795. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0139795. eCollection 2015.
- Sivieri K, Morales ML, Adorno MA, Sakamoto IK, Saad SM, Rossi EA. Lactobacillus acidophilus CRL 1014 improved “gut health” in the SHIME reactor. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013 Jun 11;13:100. doi: 10.1186/1471-230X-13-100.
- Ringel-Kulka T1, Palsson OS, Maier D, Carroll I, Galanko JA, Leyer G, Ringel Y. Probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07 versus placebo for the symptoms of bloating in patients with functional bowel disorders: a double-blind study. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2011 Jul;45(6):518-25. doi: 10.1097/MCG.0b013e31820ca4d6.
- Sazawal S1, Hiremath G, Dhingra U, Malik P, Deb S, Black RE Efficacy of probiotics in prevention of acute diarrhoea: a meta-analysis of masked, randomised, placebo-controlled trials. Lancet Infect Dis. 2006 Jun;6(6):374-82.
- van Zanten GC1, Krych L, Röytiö H, Forssten S, Lahtinen SJ, Abu Al-Soud W, Sørensen S, Svensson B, Jespersen L, Jakobsen M. Synbiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and cellobiose does not affect human gut bacterial diversity but increases abundance of lactobacilli, bifidobacteria and branched-chain fatty acids: a randomized, double-blinded cross-over trial. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2014 Oct;90(1):225-36. doi: 10.1111/1574-6941.12397. Epub 2014 Sep 5.
- Simakachorn N1, Pichaipat V, Rithipornpaisarn P, Kongkaew C, Tongpradit P Varavithya W. Clinical evaluation of the addition of lyophilized, heat-killed Lactobacillus acidophilus LB to oral rehydration therapy in the treatment of acute diarrhea in children. Gastroenterol Nutr. 2000 Jan;30(1):68-72.
- Mezzasalma V, Manfrini E, Ferri E, Boccarusso M, Di Gennaro P, Schiano I, Michelotti A, Labra M.Orally administered multispecies probiotic formulations to prevent uro-genital infections: a randomized placebo-controlled pilot study.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017 Jan;295(1):163-172. doi: 10.1007/s00404-016-4235-2. Epub 2016 Nov 9.
- Falagas ME, Betsi GI, Athanasiou SProbiotics for prevention of recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis: a review.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006 Aug;58(2):266-72. Epub 2006 Jun 21.
- Homayouni A, Bastani P, Ziyadi S, Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S, Ghalibaf M, Mortazavian AM, Mehrabany EV.Effects of probiotics on the recurrence of bacterial vaginosis: a review.J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2014 Jan;18(1):79-86. doi: 10.1097/LGT.0b013e31829156ec.
- Ouwehand AC, Nermes M, Collado MC, Rautonen N, Salminen S, Isolauri E.Specific probiotics alleviate allergic rhinitis during the birch pollen season.World J Gastroenterol. 2009 Jul 14;15(26):3261-8.
- Leyer GJ1, Li S, Mubasher ME, Reifer C, Ouwehand AC Probiotic effects on cold and influenza-like symptom incidence and duration in children.Pediatrics. 2009 Aug;124(2):e172-9. doi: 10.1542/peds.2008-2666. Epub 2009 Jul 27.
- King S, Glanville J, Sanders ME, Fitzgerald A, Varley D. Effectiveness of probiotics on the duration of illness in healthy children and adults who develop common acute respiratory infectious conditions: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Br J Nutr. 2014 Jul 14;112(1):41-54. doi: 10.1017/S0007114514000075. Epub 2014 Apr 29.
- Kang EJ, Kim SY, Hwang IH, Ji YJ.The effect of probiotics on prevention of common cold: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trial studies.Korean J Fam Med. 2013 Jan;34(1):2-10. doi: 10.4082/kjfm.2013.34.1.2. Epub 2013 Jan 28.
- Rerksuppaphol S, Rerksuppaphol L.Randomized controlled trial of probiotics to reduce common cold in schoolchildren.Pediatr Int. 2012 Oct;54(5):682-7. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-200X.2012.03647.x. Epub 2012 Jul 10.
The Standout: Pure Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Promoting intestinal, vaginal, coronary, and nasal health hasn’t always been as easy as taking a capsule a day; but with Nutricost’s Lactobaciullus Acidophilus, you are getting a pure, premium probiotic that will help you take back control!
- 10 Billion CFU in Every Capsule
- 120 Capsules
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Friendly Bacteria For Intestinal Relief
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Made in the U.S.A.
Every system requires the friendly backup of good bacteria that can fortify it against the attacks of bad bacteria. And with so many areas that can be weakened by a variety of forces, ensuring you get enough of the right probiotics can help you stay healthy.
In each capsule is 10 billion viable bacteria that will help fortify your system against any attack from bad bacteria. This helps protect your gut in even your weakest state or when recovering from bouts of antibiotic use.
For more reviews, head to Amazon, where Nutricost's Lactobacillus Acidophilus capsules have climbed their way to the top as the leading Lactobacillus Acidophilus supplement. See other 5-star reviews from satisfied customers!
Keep Reading »
The Standout: Contains 25 Million CFU per capsule
If you were looking for something to hit your system hard and effectively, then you have come to the right place. Nature’s Blend freeze-dried Lactobacillus acidophilus is strong and can kick your body into gear.
- Gluten Free
- Promotes Gut Health
- Reasonable Price
- Reduces Chance of Yeast Infection
- Easy to Swallow
- 100 Capsules
Many women have found that this works wonders to maintain the health of their vagina while reducing symptoms of bad gut or heart health. Including this in your diet will help you see results in your quality of life.
Nature’s Best guarantees that there are no starches, salts, artificial colors, artificial flavors, yeast, or corn. It is simply Lactobacillus acidophilus with the necessary ingredients to help it work effectively throughout your body.
Keep Reading »
The Standout: 5.75 Billion Organisms
This cocktail of top probiotics will hit you right in the gut (in the good way, though), it was formulated to ease a variety of ailments while improving overall quality of life quickly and effectively.
- 60 Capsules
- Big Bang for Your Buck
- Premium Max Strength Supplement
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Advanced Probiotic
- Money Back Guarantee
This is great for male and female health, as it addresses not only vaginal health but intestinal, including IBS, diarrhea, and other common gut ailments. It is a strong product that will help you see results quickly.
This product will help restore healthy bacteria, promoting heart, gut, vaginal, and nasal health. The Inner Health also promises weight loss and a cleaner, better-functioning system or your money back!
Keep Reading »
The Standout: Cheap but Effective
More than 400 different types of flora (bacteria) live in your intestinal track, but circumstances can kill or degrade them. This is what causes upset. Nature’s Bounty Acidophilus Probiotic can help restore your intestines because of its clean use of lactobacillus Acidophilus. And over 100 million of them are included in each tablet.
You get more bang for your buck with Nature’s Bounty, as their prices are the lowest in the entire market, but their product quality is on par with leading brands.Keep Reading »
The Standout: Trusted Name Brand
NOW brand supplements are an industry favorite, and if you’ve ever used them, you know why. They guarantee quality products, and their Lactobacillus acidophilus is no exception!
With two billion organisms per capsule, they provide intense relief for many common ailments and a promise for a healthier future. Improve your quality of life with a name brand you can trust! NOW offers a comprehensive market on most supplements, and this probiotic is no exception. You can feel safe knowing you’re including this in your diet.Keep Reading »
The Standout: Easy to Take
This is perfect, especially for those who struggle to take pills. Earth’s Creation Probiotic can help improve gut health as well as vaginal and nasal health, and it’s as easy as taking one small softgel. By including 100 million active Lactobacillus acidophilus, they guarantee that you will feel the results and hold onto them.
And even with 100 million active bacteria, the softgels are still small and easy to take! Earth’s Creation Probiotic will get down to your lower intestines where they will be of utmost use, helping you manage a healthy digestive tract.Keep Reading »
The Standout: The ABSOLUTE Biggest Bang For Your Buck
There are very few supplements worth needing to refrigerate, but Kirkman’s Lactobacillus Acidophilus Capsules are one of them. This product contains 3 BILLION active bacteria per capsule, a product that will kick your gut into gear and give your body the biggest fighting chance it has against intestinal, vaginal, nasal, and coronary issues.
This excellent probiotic will become a natural and happy part of your everyday nutrition as you invest in your current and future health.Keep Reading »
The Standout: Vegan Friendly
Pure Encapsulations has managed to produce a gluten-free, vegan-friendly Lactobacillus acidophilus supplement. This product contains 1.5 billion CFU with the intention of getting you the best deal for this amazing probiotic. You can rest easy knowing this product is free from most major allergens and is guaranteed vegan. It has been tested by several third-party research sites and can be verified to be clean and easy to take!Keep Reading »
The Standout: A Trusted, Aged Product
Unlike many of it’s competitors, Nutrition Now’s PB 8 Probiotic has been on the market for about 25 years! This product is a fantastic, easy-to-take probiotic that helps rebuild and maintain gut health in healthy adults and kids (when recommended by a doctor). You can rest easy knowing your gut is in the hands of an industry leading and trusted brand. It not only helps your gut, though. It can help with your immune function and metabolism as well.Keep Reading »
The Standout: 100% Money Back Guarantee
Finding a good supplement is hard. Finding the right amount of probiotics is almost harder. But Nutri Dosha has made your job a little easier. They claim it can improve your mood and energy levels, maintain your best weight, and strengthen your immune system! It can do all of this while boosting your digestive system’s health and can be used by the elderly, adults, and children because of it’s safety and effectiveness. And if that’s not good enough for you, you have a 100% money back guarantee that will help you keep making smart decisions on your purchases with Nutri Dosha.Keep Reading »
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.