10 Essential Vitamins and Minerals for Men
December 12, 2012
The battle of the sexes may not rage as strongly as it once did, but gender differences are still important in a variety of areas—including your health.
As a man, your concerns are different from women’s concerns. You want to maintain healthy body composition and bone density, but you also want to make sure you’re performing at the peak of your athletic and sexual abilities.
To ensure you’re on your A-game, check out these 10 essential vitamins and minerals for men.
-  Agus, D.B., S.S. Gambhir, and W.M. Pardridge. 1997. Vitamin C crosses the blood-brain barrier in the oxidized form through the glucose transporters. Journal of Clinical Investigation: Vol. 100, Issue 11.
-  Bischoff-Ferrari, H.A. 2009. Fall prevention with supplemental and active forms of vitamin D: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. The British Medical Journal: 1 October 2009.
-  Meoli, Amy Lyn. 2005. Oral nonprescription treatment for insomnia. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine: Vol. 8, Issue 5.
-  Ng, C.F., C.P. Lee, A.L. Ho, and V.W. Lee. 2011. Effect of niacin on erectile function in men suffering erectile dysfunction and dyslipidemia. The Journal of Sexual Medicine: Vol. 8, Issue 10.
-  Major, Genevieve, Francine Alarie, Jean Dore, and Angelo Tremblay. 2008. Calcium plus vitamin D supplementation and fat mass loss in very low-calcium consumers: potential link with a calcium-specific appetite control. British Journal of Nutrition: Vol. 101, Issue 5.
-  Cui, Y., M.I. Winton, Z.F. Zhang, C. Rainey, J. Marshall, J.B. De Kernion, and C.D. Eckhert. 2004. Dietary boron intake and prostate cancer risk. Oncology Reports: Vol. 11, Issue 4.