We Have The Answers You're Looking For

Send us an email
Need Answers?
Check out our FAQs page
Returning Items
See returning instructions

Workout Routines to Build Muscle Fast

Want to Build Muscle Fast? Tips and a 12-Week Workout Routine That Work!

Finding the perfect workout routine can be difficult and costly. Personal trainers can tailor routines for your unique needs, but they usually come at a high cost.

Despite the financial toll, many frustrated gym-goers are turning to personal trainers. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the fitness training field to grow by 24 percent in the years 2010-2020.

However, hitting a fitness plateau doesn’t mean that you have to spend the extra time and money on a personal trainer. Below you will find the best tips and workout routines to build muscle fast.

Words to Remember Before Hitting the Gym

What Exercises & How Much

The key to building muscle fast is choosing the right exercises, number of sets, and repetitions. In general, each major muscle group should be trained once a week. The exception: abdominals. Because the abs are needed for the stability and support of your entire body, they should be trained twice a week.

Free Weights

Workout routines to build muscle fast should be based on compound movements with heavy free weights. Using machines stunt your muscle growth by isolating muscles and forcing you to spend more time at the gym.

Variety

Remember that variety is an essential component of workout routines to build muscle fast. As you’ll see in the routines below, the set ranges vary as do the reps for each body part. The weight should be increased on each consecutive set as the reps decrease.

For example, you may do your first set of bench press with 135lbs. for 12 repetitions, followed by a set of 155lbs. for 10 reps, and finally 175lbs for 8 reps. Take at least 90 seconds in between sets to rest and drink lots of water.

Don’t Over-Exert

Don’t get caught up thinking more is better. Even when you’re looking for workout routines to build muscle fast, your body needs to rest. Without recuperation time, your body cannot repair damaged tissues or build new muscle mass. Make the most of your recuperation time by optimizing your diet with healthy food and supplements to fill in any nutritional gaps.

Workout Routine for Quick Muscle Growth

The following workout routine is a perfect blend of intense training and recuperation to build muscle fast. This is the same routine I recommend for my clients for quick muscle growth. Follow this routine for 12 weeks to pack on lean body mass.

Click here to download a PDF calendar of this workout.

Monday

Chest

• Flat bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Incline Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Bar Dips: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Cable Fly: 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Tuesday

Back

• Lat Pull Downs: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Barbell Row: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Single Arm Dumbbell (D.B.). Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Wednesday

Rest

Take a day to let your muscles recover and rest so you’ll be pumped up for your next workout.

Thursday

Triceps

• Triceps Extensions with Bar: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • French Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Cable Kickbacks: 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Sunday

Rest

After an intense week, take a break and let your body prepare itself for another great week!

2x per week on any 2 days

Abs

• Crunch on Ball: 3 sets of 20
  • Reverse Crunch on Bench: 3 sets of 20
  • Weighted Rope Crunch with Cable: 3 sets of 12-20

References

Comments (2)

Jim Zarkdex

August 1, 2015

7082578891

What kind of food should we eat during the week of work out?

Mike Jackson

Mike Jackson

August 3, 2015

Re: 7082578891

Meals should consist of lean proteins, low-sugar carbs, and healthy fats. Examples of some lean proteins are red meat skimmed of fat, chicken breast, and egg whites. Some low-sugar carbs you can eat are vegetables, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal. Choosing healthy fats like virgin olive oil, avocados, and flax oil are important as it takes longer to digest. Make sure to experiment with the times you eat and when you exercise to find what works best for you.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Jimmie

September 19, 2017

Assume all people experienced a Terrific season ultimate 7 days through this occasion. e343453.com

wow

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Lauren

September 22, 2017

Spectacular small post! I amazingly love your electricity! 78dyhfhsdhfs98.com

Hello there, There’s no marvel that your world wide web might almost certainly be using in just world wide web browser compatibility challenges. When I take a overall look at your website web site inside of of Safari, it looks Fantastic still, if opening in merely I.E., it is made up of some overlapping difficulties. I merely most popular inside steerage of Present your self with a quick heads up! Other than that, outstanding net web site!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Rubi

November 13, 2017

I do enjoy the way you have presented this problem and it does indeed present us some fodder for consideration. However, through just what I have witnessed, I simply wish when the feed-back stack on that folks stay on issue and not get started upon a tirade regarding some other news du jour. Yet, thank you for this superb point and while I can not necessarily agree with this in totality, I regard your viewpoint. http://rakeworld.com/index.php?do=/blog/37036/rc-boats-for-sale-the-concept/

Nice post. I understand some thing extra difficult on various blogs everyday. It’s going to normally be stimulating to read content material from other writers and practice just a little some thing from their shop. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my weblog no matter if you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link in your internet blog.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

karaj

November 16, 2017

Nice post. I learn something tougher on completely different blogs everyday. It will at all times be stimulating to learn content from other writers and apply a bit of one thing from their store. I’d desire to use some with the content material on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a hyperlink on your web blog. Thanks for sharing. https://www.diigo.com/user/lilianabaron/karajad

I’m still learning from you, as I’m trying to reach my goals. I certainly enjoy reading everything that is posted on your blog.Keep the stories coming. I loved it!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Arvind Pandit

November 16, 2017

Hello! This is my first comment on this site so I just wanted to say a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your posts. Can you recommend other websites which go over Arvind Pandit Kansas? I'm as well very fascinated by that thing! Thank you so much! http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh510/arvindpandit/arvind-pandit-best-men-hair-style-of-2017-42-638_zpsay1ilg7c.jpg

Hi I am so happy I found out this site, I really encountered you by mistake, while I was searching on Bing for Arvind Pandit. Regardless I’m here right now and would really like to say thanks for a remarkable posting and the all-round entertaining blog (I furthermore adore the theme/design), I do not have the time to browse it all at the minute though I have book-marked it and also added in the RSS feeds, so once I have time I’ll be returning to look over much more. Make sure you do continue the superb work.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

kmspico free download

November 18, 2017

I always read your site content attentively. I'm furthermore curious about kmspico for windows 8, maybe you might write about that at times. Bye! https://vimeo.com/user73831894

You’re totally right and I understand you. If you want, we might also chat around kmspico download free, a thing that intrigues me. Your site is definitely great, cheers!

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

thailand lottery today result

November 18, 2017

I like the things you guys are up to. Such cool work and reporting! Continue the awesome effort guys, I've you to my own thai lottery sure number webpage. https://www.shopyourway.com/questions/3080451#post

I was speaking with a friend of mine on this info and also about thai lotto vip tips as well. I believe you made a lot of great points here, we’re looking forward to read more material from you.