Benefits of Nitric Oxide Supplements
January 17, 2013
Finding the best supplement is harder than searching for a needle in a haystack. There hundreds--if not thousands--of options to choose from. Should you buy whey or casein? Creatine or conjugated linoleic acid?
When you finally narrow it down, make sure nitric oxide supplements are in your top 3. These performance-enhancing supplements are popular for a reason.
Just look at these 5 benefits of nitric oxide supplements and you’ll see why.
-  Campbell, B, M Roberts, et al. “Pharmacokinetics, safety, and effects on exercise performance of L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate in trained adult men.” Nutrition. 22.9 (2006): 872-81.
-  Vig, Monika, Smita Srivastava, et al. “Inducible nitric oxide synthase in T cells regulates T cell death and immune memory.” Journal of Clinical Investigation. 113.12 (2004): 1734-42.
-  Niedbala, W, B Cai, and FY Liew. “Role of nitric oxide in the regulation of T cell functions.” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. 65. (2006).
-  Zhu, X, Y Pan, et al. “Supplement of L-Arg improves protective immunity during early-stage Plasmodium yoelii 17XL infection.” Parasite Immunology. 34.8-9 (2012): 412-20.
-  Burke, Thomas. “Nitric Oxide Series, Part Seven: Nitric Oxide (NO) and Relief of Pain.” Tom Burke Articles. 7 August 2009.
-  “L-arginine.” MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 21 March 2012.